In the past few decades, games have evolved from being a way to pass time to being a full-blown activity.
What is Bubble Soccer
Bubble Soccer is a new sport that has been sweeping across Singapore. It’s a great way to get active and there are no age, weight, or skill restrictions. Bubble soccer in Singapore is played on a giant inflatable floor with the goal of knocking your opponent to touch the ground while avoiding falling yourself. The game is open for anyone who wants to play!
The game can be intimidating at first, especially to those who have never tried it before. Here’s a list of the basics to know before you go play:
- To inflate your ball, open the air valve and attach a bicycle pump. Make sure you give yourself enough time to inflate your ball. The more inflated, the easier it is to stay in the ball.
- When your ball is properly inflated, double-check that the air valve is closed and no air will escape. If you allow any air to escape, it will become very difficult for you to move.
- Your shoes are extremely important when playing bubble soccer since they are what gives you a grip around the inflatable surface. If your shoes have a nice grip, it will be easier for you to stay in your ball and avoid being knocked over.
- Safety gear is also important because if you fall the wrong way, the impact may cause you to roll over and be unable to get up. A helmet is required as well as knee pads and elbow pads.
- You may also consider wearing a mouth guard as the ball has some weight and you could unintentionally bite your tongue if you hit it too hard with your teeth.
- When playing, teammates should be aware of each other’s location so they can block participants from the opposing team and help them back up if they fall down.
- Bubble soccer in Singapore is played on a field similar to soccer, so it’s your job to kick the ball into the goal. While you’re trying to score, be aware of your surroundings and watch out for opposing players who may try and knock you over.
Why you should play
Bubble soccer is an easy-to-learn game that’s fast-paced and is great for all ages, shapes, and sizes. With its softer surface than regular soccer, this game is more forgiving on your joints! It’s also a great alternative if you are not very mobile or are recovering from an injury.
The game is between two teams of 5 players, and the goal is to score more goals than your opponents. Each team wears one giant Bubble ball (and knee pads), which protects you from bouncing around when a player on the opposite team knocks you over.
The bubble balls are made in different sizes so be sure to pick the right size for you! Players with taller height require bigger ball sizes compared to players of shorter height.
The rules of Bubble soccer:
- You may use any part of your body except the hands, elbows, legs, or knees to obstruct another player from moving. (ie: you can push your opponents with your shoulder, but not the chest)
- Use caution when carrying the ball. You are allowed to use the bubble for control but kicking or throwing is strictly prohibited.
- No offside! Unlike regular soccer, there are no offside so it doesn’t matter if you’re in the opponent’s half of the court or not.
- No shouting is allowed in the playing area, and you will be penalized with a yellow card.
How to play the game
All players must wear inflatable pennies and gloves. The game begins when the referee blows his whistle to signal the start of play. Players must not pass in front of their own goal and must be careful not to touch the ground with any part of their body or equipment.
Players can either out-score their opponent before time is up or shoot the ball past them and force them to touch the ground.
The ball can be made larger by blowing it up with a pump, but extra caution should be taken when doing this due to high pressure that can cause injury. Players should always follow safety regulations such as wearing helmets before playing.
Playing Bubble soccer in Singapore is a great way to have fun while getting exercise. If you’re looking for a new sport that will get your blood pumping and give you the chance to knock down some of your friends, then it may be time to try this exciting game! With our tips on how to play bubble soccer, we hope that you enjoy all benefits of this active and entertaining activity. Whether you want an indoor or outdoor experience, if there are enough players in your area who would like to join in the fun–a local league could start up with relative ease. And don’t forget about these helpful safety instructions before playing! Now go out and make bubbles fly everywhere!