Our in-house artist guiding the ceramic tiles painting workshop for Seniors
Tiles Painting Workshop for Senior Teachers in Singapore. As part of Teachers Day celebrations, Epic Workshops held 2 different fringe activities for the event at MOE Heritage Centre. One of which is our popular Ceramic Tiles Painting Workshop for Seniors. Through this activity, participants can bring the finished tiles home as a paperweight, personalized coasters and many more.
This workshop for seniors is catered to allow the seniors to express themselves via art – through drawing and painting. Not only is this therapeutic, it also helps them to get creative as they draw freely without any reference. Nonetheless, we have also prepared some reference images for those who would like a guide to complete their own versions of our samples.
Following closely to the reference images – Tiles Painting Workshop for Seniors
For our Ceramic Tiles Painting Workshop for seniors, we introduced various tools that participants can use such as assorted paintbrushes, different colours of acrylic paint, pencils, erasers and a palette. These tools are common tools to encourage interaction between the senior teachers, eventually widening their social circle.
Some seniors could do this activity on their own without guidance! Suitable Workshops for Seniors
Another activity, Clay Figurine Making was also held at the same venue. More on that in our next articles to come!
The tile painting workshop for Seniors in Singapore is a program designed to teach seniors how to paint on ceramic tiles. The workshop will be designed so that you can walk away with your own one-of-a-kind piece of art! This is a fun, educational program for seniors to make new friends and pass time pleasantly. Epic Workshops conducted a Tile Painting Workshop for Senior Teachers in Singapore as part of Teachers Day festivities. Epic Workshops organized two fringe events for the occasion at MOE Heritage Centre, one of which is our well-known Ceramic Tiles Painting Workshop for Seniors.
The program aims to make ceramic painting accessible and rewarding for seniors. Participants will be able to experiment with different types of brushes and colors, learn how to draw simple lines and patterns, and see their painted tiles come to life when they are baked in the oven! A visit from a local artist is included as part of this program; participants can ask about specific painting techniques and learn more about the artist’s creative process. Epic Workshops conducted a Tile Painting Workshop for Senior Teachers in Singapore as part of Teachers Day festivities. Epic Workshops organized two fringe events for the occasion at MOE Heritage Centre, one of which is our well-known Ceramic Tiles Painting Workshop for Seniors Participants can take home the completed tiles as a paperweight, personalized coasters, or with any other ideas in mind. This unique event invites teachers to put on their aprons and paint ceramic tiles for the very first time! The workshop will empower and inspire seniors so that they can enjoy life at this age.
Tiles Painting Workshop for Seniors aims to work beyond just enjoying an afternoon of paint and creativity. Participants will be encouraged to explore their full potential while building confidence in their abilities, regardless of whether they are talented painters or not! Tiles Painting Workshop for Seniors is an excellent opportunity for seniors to make new friends and pass time pleasantly. It is also a great hobby everyone can pick up with relative ease.
Is there a way for seniors to learn how to tile paint?
A tile painting workshop for seniors is an activity where you get to paint on a ceramic tile. The goal is for you to create your own one-of-a-kind piece of art. One example of the things that could be painted on the tiles are cats, flowers, or even landscapes. The tiles are 8″ x 6″ in size, which makes them perfect for creating smaller pieces of art. These workshops are good for seniors because they’re fun and educational. It’s also a great way to meet new friends! In the tile painting workshop for seniors in Singapore, you will be guided by a professional instructor. The instructor will teach you all about the arts and crafts of ceramic decoration. The workshops are a nice way to pass time pleasantly way while being creative. If you really enjoy it, you can even turn it into a hobby!
The benefits of attending the tile painting workshop for seniors in Singapore:
– Creating new friends and enjoying time pleasantly, You should never underestimate the power of making new friends with tile painting workshop for Seniors in Singapore. With time, you will find that these friendships last for a lifetime and can provide some truly enjoyable moments in life! In order to enjoy life, you need all the friends and family members in your corner. This means creating new ones too! You may never know who will become a lifelong companion.
– A chance to learn different arts and crafts such as ceramic decoration, which will help pass time more pleasantly. It’s an opportunity for you to express your creativity while having a great sense of meaning in life. Discover your inner artist with these creative and fun activities! Learn how to make ceramic pots, candles, or jewelry. You’ll feel like a true genius when you’re done decorating them all by yourself.=
– This is a perfect class for the elderly because it has no pressure and takes place at a slow pace. Senior citizens looking to brush up on their crafts can take this workshop without worry! The elderly are an often overlooked group that deserves our care and attention.
– A unique piece of art is yours to keep if you win! You could be the proud owner of a one-of-a-kind masterpiece! This painting workshop is only available for seniors. Your prize includes instructions on how to paint your very own tile. Imagine a world where you can create your own work of art, and have it to keep! You might not be able to do this in the real world but with our tiles painting workshop for seniors, we are giving everyone an opportunity they wouldn’t find anywhere else.
-It is therapeutic for seniors to paint a tile, When seniors paint tiles, it is therapeutic. Painting in this form can be calming and create a sense of accomplishment that they had done something on their own initiative without any help from anyone else! This form of expressive therapy can help them deal with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, both common conditions that affect cognitive function in older adults.- Painting tiles as an art form has been shown time after time to improve the moods and mental states of those who engage while painting!
Here are the basic steps to paint on a tile:
Tile painting workshop for Seniors in Singapore highlights the basic steps for painting a tile.
-Why not try a little experimental art this time? Get your paints, materials, and brushes ready. You’ll need acrylic paint or oil pastels on porcelain tiles for the more traditional look but there’s also ceramic which gives off an impressionistic effect – it might be worth giving them both a shot!
-Clear off your work area. Layout some newspapers or plastic tablecloths to protect the surface you are painting on. Then place your first tile upside down for easier writing later. Layout some newspapers or plastic tablecloths to protect your paint-slick floor. Then place tiles upside down on them so that you can easily write in the grout for anything else needed like numbers, symbols, colors, etc..
-Start painting on the top of your first tile using acrylics or oils as per your preference for easy paint coverage. Shake the paint well before use to make sure it is mixed properly! Remember, A good painting is always easier with some practice. Pick your paint because you want easy coverage or a more fluid look, and shake it well before use to mix the colors together evenly in each stroke so they blend smoothly without running off too quickly onto other surfaces nearby!
-After getting a nice coat on your tile, wait until it is completely dry. It’s important because if you go over wet surfaces with another coat of sealer or paint there will be inconsistent coverage and blotches that cannot be fixed by sanding down gently around affected areas alone
-When it comes to making any kind of ceramic tile, you want the surface temperature at 500 degrees Fahrenheit. But what does this mean for your oven? Well if not enough time has passed since they were first fired and cooled off from firing in order so that there’s been annealing or re-testing before being painted with color coatings on top (and sometimes multiple coats), then definitely 20 minutes will do nicely! Make sure though – as always–to use a metal baking sheet made specifically just for cooking large amounts like these ones found here.
-How does it feel to finally have your tiles? They’re all set and ready for display. Isn’t this exciting! You can either hang them up as soon as possible or give them a gift that will be cherished forever – choose wisely:)
Learn the arts and crafts tile painting
Are you looking for an exciting activity to engage yourself in that is also rewarding? Tile painting workshop for Seniors in Singapore is the program for you! Improve your quality of life with this simple, creative and fun community group. Get involved today! Come paint ceramic tiles at our tile art workshop! You’ll get a chance to paint on ceramic tiles in the company of other seniors who share your interests. Not only will you get to meet new friends, but also discover new talents and hone existing ones! Your instructor is highly enthusiastic with years of tile painting experience. They will be there to guide you in this hands-on workshop teaching the arts and crafts of ceramic decoration. They will teach you how to paint on a ceramic tile! Leave with a one-of-a-kind piece of art! Impress your friends and family with your new hobby by attending our Tile Painting Workshop. Tile painting is a fun and educational activity for seniors to make new friends and spend time doing something they enjoy. The workshop will be tailored so that you can walk away at the end with your own piece of ceramic art!
In this workshop, you will learn the arts and crafts of ceramic decoration. For beginners, an instructor will provide all supplies and teach you how to paint on a ceramic tile. You can choose your favorite design – we have many samples for inspiration! By the end of the session, you will be able to make something new or use tiles with a motif that you’ve always loved. If you have a particular painting style in mind, please bring samples with you for reference! In addition to learning new skills and spending time with your peers, this workshop is also a great way to get out of the house and enjoy socializing in a pleasant environment. You will be in good company with people who share your interests and want to make new friends.
5 mistakes to avoid when painting ceramic tiles
When creating something new it is always important to make sure what things should be done and what should be avoided, tile painting workshop for Seniors in Singapore helps you to understand that.
- The first thing to avoid is not cleaning the tiles beforehand. As you paint, you need to remember that ceramic tiles are porous. If they are not properly cleaned, the paint will absorb into the tile and may never come off again.
- Another mistake that people often make is choosing the wrong type of paint for the project they are working on. Custom paints can be ordered through a professional or purchased at a local art supply store.
- Painting the edge of the tile without leaving enough space for grouting is another blunder people commonly make when starting out with painting ceramics. To avoid this, it’s best to work from outer edges inwards as you go along with your project.
- One of the most dangerous mistakes people make when painting on ceramic tiles is forgetting to use a paint solvent to clean up after themselves. Ceramic paint can dry quickly, and if you don’t remove it with something like Goo Gone, the paint residue will be impossible to get rid of later.
- The final mistake that people commonly make is not sealing their painted ceramic tiles properly before letting them air dry for 24 hours. If the tiles are not properly sealed, water could seep below the paint and cause damage down the line. It’s best to go over your painted pieces again after they have dried with polyurethane or another type of sealant designed for ceramics.
It is important to have a good time during tile painting workshops. You should bring all of the materials that you’ll need, such as watercolor paints and brushes for applying them on paper towels or other surfaces; remember not only your clothes but also any food items because it’s likely going to get messy! In addition, make sure to smile often while in attendance at these events if possible–they’re always much more enjoyable when we enjoy ourselves 🙂
It’s never too late to learn a new skill, and ceramic tile painting is something everyone can enjoy. If you are in Singapore, the city of your dreams awaits. Why not check out one of our tile painting workshops for seniors in Singapore? You don’t need to be an expert painter or know how to paint on a tile. Our workshop will teach you all the tricks and techniques, plus there are step-by-step instructions available online! We also offer free demonstrations so if you’re still unsure about whether this is something that’s right for you, come visit us today. Make sure not to miss out on these great workshops by signing up today!